|The Fourth Annual Art of Being Together: Me and My Community
Mar 9, 2013 1:00pm - 5:00pm
||6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, Vancouver
The Art of Being Together is a juried exhibition of art inspired by the theme of community, sharing life, friendship and inclusiveness. The event celebrates community and inclusivity where everyone – regardless of ability, education, gender, race and religion – is valued for their gifts.
Call to Artists for The Art of Being Together
For show at: Nikkei Museum and Heritage Centre on March 9th 2013
Theme: Me and My Community
Art submission date: Between January 7 and February 1, 2013
• Signature fundraising event for L’Arche Greater Vancouver
• Well publicized in community media
• Prizes awarded to artists at the event
• Gallery display of works
• All selected works will be for sale unless labeled Not for Sale (NFS)
Awards for Artists
Judges’ Choice: $500
People’s Choice: $250
For up to 10 finalists: $ 100
For up to 10 honourable mentions: $50
Rules and Guidelines
• Must be 2D artwork excluding digital media and print
• Include the title, name, media and price with submission (NFS art also accepted)
• Does not exceed 36” in any direction
• Does not exceed 20 lbs
• One entry per artist
• Must be related to the theme of community and include a statement about the work
• Artist must live in the Lower Mainland and be able to attend the event
• Artists must be over high school age
• Appropriately framed and ready to hang (*see guidelines in submission form)
• Artists are expected to attend the event and to take away unsold works
• Works not selected by jury must be picked up between February 19 and March 1st during business hours (Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm)
How to Apply:
Please contact us to obtain a submission form. All interested artists must complete and submit the form prior to submitting their artwork. Submission forms can be obtained and sent in any time before February 1st, 2013. No submission fee required.
Artwork should be brought to L’Arche (7401 Sussex Ave in Burnaby) between January 7th and February 1 during business hours. Artists whose work will not be exhibited will be notified after February 18, 2013 and must pick up their work prior to March 1, 2013.
Artwork that is not picked up after March 1, 2013 will be considered the property of L’Arche Greater Vancouver.
Artwork will not be accepted if it does not follow the rules and guidelines or if the submission form is incomplete.
For submission forms and further information contact:
Development Assistant, L’Arche Greater Vancouver
604. 435.9544 ext 33